Monday 16 July 2012

Daily Outfit: Palm trees and sheerling


I purchased this sheerling lined leather Jacket before I decided to commit to adopting a new, Prep-adjacent wardrobe. I got it and a similar piece off ASOS for an insanely low price when I was thinking of adopting an entirely different look. In any event, it hasn't received much love from me since I purchased it a while back.


Today, I was going to wear a very thin blue and white Gingham Blazer to work, however, I realised before leaving the house (thankfully) that it was frightfully cold outside. At the last minute I reached blindly into my wardrobe and withdrew this piece. I am so glad that I did. The cut of the Jacket worked surprisingly well with the formal shirt + tie combination, and simultaneously with the dark jeans. The sheerling lining gives the whole piece a more 'Trad' sort of look I guess, sort of like a Bomber Jacket.

 
The overall look I’m wearing consisted of:

black leather and sheerling Jacket – Barneys NYC, from ASOS
blue and white striped Business Shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren outlet, DFO
navy silk Tie embroidered with palm trees – Austico REG, thrifted
black leather Belt - JAG
black resin-coated tapered Jeans – G-Star Raw
black leather Chelsea Boots – Country Road

On an outfit detail note: I counted over the weekend and I have about 16 Neckties with this sort of 'club' or 'emblamatic' motif across them. I have Lobsters, Hounds, Ducks, Saddles, Pheasants, an ancient anti-Women's Lib monstrosity, and the one that I am sporting today, bearing Palm Trees. I've opted to assign those that are not against a navy background to my DIY basket, especially seeings as I have several wish-listed on Etsy I am waiting to procure...

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment