Friday 4 April 2014

Daily Outfit: Raining and Pouring


I knew it would be raining and pouring today, and still feeling a little under the weather from Wednesday, I thought it would be best to layer a little and to keep myself snug and warm. Don’t get me wrong, I love the rain and I’m happy to endure it to see the grass green and my garden healthy; I am, however, a terrible patient and the worst company in the world when I am sick. Trying to keep myself healthy is a top priority as a result.

For this rainy Friday outfit I am wearing:

Navy double-breated wool blazer - Oxford, thrifted from Vinnies Sale
Light blue Oxford shirt - Polo Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Navy polyester necktie with Crest of London motif - 'Givenchy', thrifted
Gold-tone tie clip - gift
Orange and navy cotton web belt with leather fastenings - Trenery
Arc 3D loose tapered jeans - G-Star
Brown suede loafers with ribbon detail - Raphael Steffens



Realistically, this was a not a really sensible wet-weather outfit choice. The blazer was fine for keeping the water off me getting from the car to my building (stupidly, I left my umbrella at home); but the Oxford shirt is thin and the building was cold today. The loafers were not exactly a prize choice either, and seemed to stay wet for most of the day. All in all I was pretty cold and miserable, and kept singing the ‘It’s raining, it’s pouring’ song over and over in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment