Wednesday 13 June 2012

Daily Outfit: Mr. Winter undone

Winter has truly struck the Nation's Capital. Most mornings I am waking up to a car thoroughly covered in ice, fog, and the pitch black of the early morning void. I was in Jindabyne over the Queen's Birthday long weekend and it was warmer there than it has been here!


Ordinarily I am Mr. Winter. I am a Winter according to the wonderful 80's dressing-to-colours system,


I love the cold, I prefer winter fashions, blah blah blah. This year, however, I'm just not prepared for winter. My wardrobe is still in shambles after the past six months of Blogging hiatus, I'm still carrying last-years 'winter coat' (read: fat), and I do not own a single sensible winter coat. It is a disaster. Luckily, I'm off to Sydney for a long-weekend in a fortnight with Mags and Meags, and we intend to spend three whole days shopping.


Today's outfit:
charcoal pinstriped Blazer - St. James, thrifted
skull-print HIGHLY FLAMMABLE Pashmina - designer impostor McQueen from Chinatown
white long-sleeved cotton Top - Country Road
heavily studded leather Belt - random sale at a hotel in Canberra
distressed 3D taper Jeans - G-Star Raw
black leather Chelsea Boots - Country Road


I just have to cobble together enough ensembles to survive the next eight days, and then I'll be in Sydney and I can get this ridiculous wardrobe situation sorted. I'm actually considering a fairly drastic wardrobe overhaul to the realm of near-uniform aesthetisim. I'm toying with the idea of just giving into my ravenous navy blue lust and becoming like, a goth-smurf...

We'll see where this goes I suppose.


Xx

3 comments:

  1. Did my last comment go through? If it didn't- LOVE WHAT YOU'RE WEARING! Goth Smurf or not, navy is a stupendous colour



    XXASAB
    Newest post: Put a hat on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha 'highly flammable pashmina' - you have a very special way with words. Also, your hair is looking spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela - I do love navy. I actually like it more than black to be honest. And thanks, you're sweet :)

    Captain - Thanks, I really need to buy a hair-dryer though so I can do it properly and stop using this cancer-inducing mousse...

    Xx

    ReplyDelete