Thursday 28 June 2012

Shopping: Sydney with the Pragettes


So, this weekend past I spent in Sydney, shopping until my bank account all but bled. I came away with the following loot and a greater sense of how my desired wardrobe aestetic might actually look and feel. I also returned home yesterday and positively GUTTED my wardrobe! I'm throwing out roughly half of what I own, in order to clear a path for the new direction I'm moving in. I probably should have purchased a few 'building block' pieces first, but oh well, what's done is done and all that.
Anyhow, here is what I bought...


Superman Chucks - Converse X DC:
Absolutely the most frivilous thing I bought all weekend. I love the angry Superman image (Supes is the only DC character I like), but these Shoes are blindingly white and I am already terrified of getting them dirty...



Uomo Collogne - Zara:
I'd never been to Zara, and if I am perfectly honest I was fairly dissapointed. Mostly in myself, because quite frankly, I was just too fat for 90% of the stock. A cologne, however, is a garment that anyone can wear, and this one literally smells like lollies! Sold, instantly!


Black resin-wash Jeans - G-Star Raw:
I have been searching for a pair of true-black (not charcoal) Jeans for a long time now. Since buying my first pair of G-Star Jeans I have been mildly obsessed. So you can imagine my joy at finding a pair of recently released G-Star Jeans in an intersting, black resin wash. They're not my ideal cut and they weren't on salt at all; but it was love lust at first sight!



Business Shirts and Ribbon Belt - Polo Ralph Lauren:
I love a good checked or striped Business Shirt, and to find these in the Polo store at 70% off seemed very serendipitious to me. The belt was spur of the moment purchase, but I love it, and it's in my colours. 



Blue leather Boots - G-Star:
I wanted to buy two pairs of boots this weekend, which I acchieved, but i hadn't planned on finding a pair in blue leather. These G-Star boots are divinely constructed and look fantastic; but they have presented me with a challenge: I now need to find a matching blue leather belt... :S


White fox fur Tail:
This was a random aquisition from a random store in chinatown. It's real fox fur that been coloured white. It is so soft, I can't even tell you. It has a handy clip attached to the end of it as well. I was planning on hanging it off my new Bag, but now I'm not so sure...


Black leather Boots with checked fold-down detail - Zu Shoes:
I recognise that these boots, and in fact most things from Zu Shoes, are very cheaply constructed and won't last particularly long; but they looked good on so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed them.


Three-finger Knuckle-Duster Ring - Glebe Markets:
I bought this at the markets from a woman who claimed to have made it by hand - which I strongly doubt to be true, but whatever. It was cheap and I'll probably only wear it once or twice before I get sick of it.


Blue woolen Jacket - Country Road:
I needed something warm to wear around this winter and this Jacket was too good to pass up. It is some how a Puffer-style Jacket, but with a woolen exterior. It's basically the warmest thing I've ever worn, and i love it.


Midnight blue Thongs - Havaianas:
I'd only ever seen this colour in women's sizes, so when I found it in a men's I grabbed it. I needed new thongs anyway, and they're navy, so score.


Gunmetal blue leather Jacket - Zara:
The leather is a great colour and litterally feels buttered - it's so soft and pliant. It was also an exceptional steal price wise.


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment