Monday 9 June 2014

Daily Outfit: Sibelius Monument, Helsinki

Greetings from Helsinki, Finland!

It has been an action packed 24 hours since arriving in Helsinki, but aside from just being here, the standout for me was taking a walk with my best friend to a park on the opposite side of Helsinki to see the Sibelius Monument, and to take my daily outfit photos there.

The monument commemorates the life and musical achievements of Finnish composer Jean Sibelius (1865-1957), and was designed by sculptor Ella Hittunen. It is incredibly impressive to see in real life, when you've grown up seeing pictures on post cards and in books, and like a lot of Finnish sculpture it has a stark, brutal beauty, which I personally love.  

For this stroll to the Sibelius Monument I was wearing:

Blue and white checked scarf - wethepeople
White crew neck t-shirt with pocket - Esprit, from ASOS
Navy and orange striped ribbon belt - Polo Ralph Lauren
Riley 3D loose tapered jeans - G-Star
Navy metallic rubber thongs - Havaianas 


You'll also likely notice, if you read the blog regularly, that I have had my head shaved, and I seem to be growing some sort of ratty travel beard.

The hair was shorn to make a clean start for a new hairstyle and to avoid an awkward multiple-length phase, but I actually like it. The beard, much to the boyfriend's horror, I am growing while travelling, just to see what it looks like. My Finnish blood means that I'm really bad at growing any sort of facial hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment