Tuesday 11 September 2012

Daily Outfit: Repetition Repetition

Part of planning my daily outfits up to two weeks in advance is realising that there are a finite number of different combinations of clothing I can plan; before I either have to do something REALLY drastic. Like cutting the crotch out of some jeans and wearing them as a sweater; or to wear a repeat-outfit. This actually happened sooner than I had thought, on account of my being lazy actually, and looking back through my previously planned ensembles for inspiration for new ensembles.
Today’s bit of history repeating is:

Black cashmere/wool blazer with wide check – Euromerican Tailors
Blue and white striped button-down shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren
Midnight blue silk necktie with skull motif - Express Design Studio, ebay
Gold-tone tie bar - gifted
Black leather belt – wedding ensemble
Lightly distressed ARC-cut jeans – G-Star
Black leather military boots - Zu

I read something Scott Schuman said a while back about Fashion Bloggers not being able to be really fashionably successful because they work within a limited wardrobe, and eventually they have to wear the same ensemble a second time, and that this somehow made them seem less chic (epically paraphrased, BTW). I’m not sure that I agree. 

I prefer to see Bloggers re-hashing clothes in new ensembles because that shows they’re actually styling themselves and working within their own wardrobes, and not styled or just clothes-horsing gifts.What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment