Monday 17 September 2012

Daily Outfit: Show Your Bones

In my charge back to dressing corporately while at work, I completely managed to forget that while I love a good necktie, there are other things that go just as nicely with a decent business shirt. Case in point, the strand of carved ox-bone skull beads which I paired with a fairly conservative blue Oxford cloth shirt today.

Today I wore:

Navy pinstriped wool blazer – Ermeneglido Zegna, thrifted
Blue button-down Oxford cloth shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Carved ox-bone skull bead prayer necklace - Etsy
Black leather Belt – wedding ensemble
Straight-leg lightly distressed Moto jeans – G-Star Raw
Black leather Chelsea boots – Country Road


I love the juxtaposing of the two, and I love the way that they felt together. The necklace is great because from afar it just looks like some beads, but up close it's this manky strand of really primitive looking skulls. And paired with the understated quality and durability of the shirt, I think it's a really great look, if I do say so myself.

I briefly considered adding the matching bracelets I have over the cuffs of the shirt to really round-out the look; however I decided that that would absolutely be approaching Marc Jacobs levels of douchery, and decided to leave it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment