Monday 24 September 2012

Daily Outfit: The Shirt Off His Back

Today’s outfit is just a little bit devious. You see, recently my Boyfriend went on a trip for work, one of the stops of which was London. Of course, his luggage went missing, and he needed to buy new clothes for a conference he was attending. I had asked him to stop by the T.M. Lewin store in London to pick me up a set of collar stays, so naturally, he decided to kill two birds with one stone and grab some work shirts and ties there. The shirt I am wearing today is one of those.

I have been lusting after this shirt from the moment I unpacked his luggage. We’re fairly lucky in that while I am taller and his shoulders are a little broader – the Boyfriend and I can essentially share the majority of our clothing. And while we have very different tastes when it comes to clothes; this classic navy and white striped Shirt is something that I think most men could agree is very desirable.
Today’s criminally sourced outfit was:

Navy and white striped business shirt – T.M. Lewin, London Store
Orange wool vest – XXXX, Etsy
Navy silk necktie with white pindots – John & Lois, thrifted
Gold-tone tie clip and cufflinks - gifted
Brown leather belt – Country Road
Lightly distressed bootcut jeans – Armani Exchange A|X, thrifted
Brown leather laser-etched shoes – Raphael Steffens
The criminal element of this outfit is in the fact that I don’t really intend to give the shirt back. Ever. I’m basically planning on washing it and then stashing it safely in my half of the wardrobe. There is a pink and white shirt I could offer him in exchange, which would suit him much more than it suits me... But where is the fun in that?

1 comment:

  1. hey. i thought you've shut down your blog. good to see you're still around :-)

    ReplyDelete