Monday 10 September 2012

Daily Outfit: Middle-aged McDonald

Let’s not pussy-foot around the issue here people, today’s outfit was a mistake. I had intended this week to be an All-Star week of my little book of planned daily outfits, as I have been rigorously planning what I wear weeks in advance in a new book for ten-whole weeks as of Sunday. However, yesterday evening passed me by in a haze of honey chicken, True Blood and FanFiction, and I awoke this morning in a rush, and all my careful planning went out the window.
What I managed to throw together was:

Navy and white gingham blazer – Larsen’s Store for Men, Etsy
Blue Oxford-cloth button-down shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Navy silk necktie with pheasant motif - thrifted
Gold-tone tie bar - gifted
Navy and orange surchingle and leather belt - Trenery
Navy jeans/slacks – Versace Jeans Couture, Material Pleasures
Brown suede loafers – Raphael Steffens

I look like I should be leading heifers around at the Condoblin Show! It's ridiculous. Or, given the tie, maybe I'm like, a poultry breeder, who breeds pheasants and is like, SUPER INTENSE about them, and I have a roosting pair that sleep on my headboard called Penelope and Poirot...

Bottom line people - if you have a system, stick to it, or you wind up looking Agrarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment