Monday 3 September 2012

Daily Outfit: Thrifted-Monday:

Today, being a Monday, I set out to bring my A-Game. The more I write about it the more I agree with myself that dressing up on a Monday is so important. I think it works in the same way that casual Friday does, just in reverse. On a casual Friday you’re dressing down, allowing yourself a taste of the weekend earlier than you probably should. On Monday, however, you’re steeling yourself for the working week; and you can do so by dressing up.
I'm feeling extra chuffed with myself today, because with the exception of the loafers and belt – everything I am wearing is second hand, meaning that I am looking sharp (mostly) on someone else’s dollar.For today’s thrifty kick-arse outfit I’m wearing:

Navy wool v-neck sweater – Etsy
Blue and white check shirt – T.M. Lewin, thrifted
Gold-tone brooch with Napoleonic coin – thrifted
Navy canvas belt - Sportscraft
Pale-orange pleat-front chinos – Polo Ralph Lauren, Etsy
Brown suede loafers – Raphael Steffens

Granted, there are minor floors with most of what I am wearing. The chinos, shirt and sweater are all a size or two too small for me as a result of vanity-shopping, the brooch fastening is broken and held-together by Bluetack, and the shirt has a few little stains I’ve never been able to get out in the wash. However, I’m pretty confident that viewed askance, you couldn’t tell that I prefer to shop second-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment