Wednesday 12 September 2012

Daily Outfit: AliciaHannahNaomi Love

Today's post is a dedication to the amazing craftsmanship of Melbourne Jeweller Alicia Hannah Naomi, whom most of you probably know as the leather-clad creatrix behind SeaofGhosts. I am a huge fan of Alicia's work, and so when I saw her post about the Pan ring prototype she had created, I contacted her immediately to find out whether I was able to commission one for myself. It arrived this afternoon.
The thing I think I love most about this Ring, besides knowing the Jeweller and how much care she put into its creation, is the simplicity. The almost utilitarian silver setting does not detract in any way from the natural beauty of slender finger of Tibetan quartz. And the quartz itself is beautiful because it is naturally flawed - not polished to a point of ridiculousness. This sort of intersection between Geology and Sculpture in a wearable context had me literally gagging to own it.

Today I’m wearing:

Tibetan quartz and silver 'Pan' ring - AliciaHannahNaomi
Blue and white micro-striped business shirt – T.M. Lewin, ebay
Gold-tone cufflinks - gifted
Orange wool vest – Fields, Etsy
Navy silk necktie with lobster motif – L.L.Bean, Etsy
Brown leather belt – Country Road
Hudson blue slacks with embroidered lobsters – Brooks Brothers, ebay
Brown leather shoes with buckle detail – Raphael Steffens

I cannot wait to have a formal occasion to wear the ring. Don't get me wrong, I'll wear this puppy anywhere, but I think that where Alicia's jewellery really shines, in regards to my wardrobe specifically, is when it is set against the more formal elements. I've got a Dallas cocktail party situation going on in my head: I'm thinking navy satin suit, black cotton shirt, navy silk necktie, black leather belt, shoes and clutch, and my Pan ring glinting with beauty and menace on my left hand. Maybe I'll slap someone, maybe I won't. Regardless, I'll look the part thanks to this ring.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Grant for being a continued supporter of my work! The ring looks like the perfect fit for your finger - I am so honoured to have you wear it so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As excited as I am to see a Dallas outfit I think it works remarkably well with the lobsters! So nice when new favourite things work back with old favourite things.. You're entirely right, Alicia's craftsmanship is obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No argument here, this piece was a great choice. I like how the design follows the form of the finger.

    ReplyDelete