Wednesday 29 January 2014

Daily Outfit: Happy Lobster Socks


It is amazing how blissfully happy something as insignificant and a pair of socks can make you.

The socks in question are nothing special – they’re polyester, if memory serves, or at the very most a poly-cotton blend, and they were purchased for the lofty sum of $8. They are a hideous mustard yellow colour. And, despite all these obvious flaws, whenever I put them on I cannot help but smile.
Thinking that today would be a lot more unpleasant than it turned out to be, I made sure to include my happy lobster socks in my daily outfit:

Navy silk/polyester necktie with red crawfish – vintage from Etsy
White tailored shirt with large navy check – Euromerican tailors
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding ensemble
Riley 3D loose tapered jeans – G-Star
Orange lobster socks – Dangerfield
Black leather shoes with laser-cut detailing – Raphael Steffens

I enjoy wearing them with these Raphael Steffens shoes because you can see the lobster design through the laser-cut design, which just feels very fancy indeed. Sort of like an upmarket sandals and socks I guess.

They also constitute yet another item in my growing collection of lobster decorated wardrobe pieces. So far I have slacks, a cardigan, these socks, several ties, and when I get my shit together and actually make it, a tote bag. It is a continually growing obsession. God knows what my wardrobe is going to look like in twelve months time...


No comments:

Post a Comment