Tuesday 21 January 2014

Daily Outfit: Superman and triochromatic dressing

In my time away from Ink & leathers I decided that something I really wanted to do was to scale my wardrobe back significantly, and as a means of doing this, to limit myself to three colours only: Navy, white and burnt orange.
It’s a lot easier said than done, I can tell you.
What I have found is that instead of limiting myself to specific colours like navy or burnt orange, I’ve started culling everything that doesn’t fit into the larger colour groups of blues, whites and oranges. I’ve also focused on my clothes, and not shoes and accessories, which is a whole other kettle of fish.
Today’s steps towards triochromatic perfection were:

Navy necktie with embroidered superman motif – etsy
Blue button-down shirt with white stripes – vintage Brooks Brothers
Gold-tone tie bar – gift
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Burnt orange chinos – FCUK
Brown diamond pattern leather shoes – Raphael Steffens
Grey and navy striped socks – Trenery
I’m starting to think that I need to invest in a light-weight navy blazer for summer, especially for ensembles like today’s. It just feels like something is missing, specifically a large chunk of navy blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment