Friday 31 January 2014

Daily Outfit: Shorts to work again!

I’m not going to lie; I freaking love wearing shorts to work now.

It started out as a bit of a gambit actually, I thought for sure I was going to look like a total tool and that it would be really dadsy. I guess the public vote is still out, although my best friend does seem generally unimpressed with it as a look. I for one am a fan of the shorts in a corporate setting look, and I think that it is the business shirt that makes the look for sure. A polo shirt or t-shirt would be too casual, but the dress shirt and tie gives it a bit more authority.

This Friday’s outfit features my tie-dyed ASOS shorts that I bought specifically to take with me to Koh Samui:

Orange knitted necktie – Uniqlo, Japan
Light blue Oxford shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Gold-tone tie bar - gift
Black leather belt – re-purposed from wedding ensemble
Navy blue tie-dyed shorts – ASOS
Black canvas espadrilles – ASOS


This outfit was perfect for the scorcher of a day that we had in Canberra today, well, right up until it rained and the ground became sodden. Espadrilles, while comfortable beyond measure, are not wet-weather friendly. The rope bottoms actually absorb water like a sponge, and as they dry they tend to REEK! Thankfully I wear thongs too and from work on these unbearably hot days, so it wasn't a problem at all. I have learned my lesson, clearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment