Thursday 23 January 2014

Daily Outfit: Now you’re just some Jeans that I used to know

I’m in a bit of a quandary with these jeans. They have been, for easily the past 18 months, my very favourite pair of jeans. Until recently, I’ve loved the way that they look, and I’ve always felt like they did great things for my figure and were pretty damn stylish.
However, I was wearing them on the night of my 28th birthday, and while intoxicated to the point of becoming paralytic, I threw up all over myself and my jeans.
Charming behaviour for a 28 year old, I know. Here’s a hot tip – when you’re a tee-totaller who only drinks beer; don’t suddenly decide to drink home-made cocktails on a near-empty stomach!
Anyway, the point of sharing this embarrassing little anecdote is that since I defiled my jeans so spectacularly, and regardless of the fact that there are no visible stains or marks; the jeans seem to have lost the magic that I once attributed to them. They seem duller, less fitted, daggy and tired.
Trying to force the magic back, I added them to today’s ensemble:
Navy silk necktie with orange and silver stripes – vintage Brooks Brothers, etsy
Orange and white gingham Shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren
Gold-tone tie bar – gift
Black leather belt – re-purposed from wedding ensemble
Riley 3D loose tapered jeans – G-Star
Navy and white striped socks – River Island, ASOS
Brown suede loafers – Raphael Steffens

I remain unconvinced. I think the magic is truly dead.
How about you, have you lost the magic with a garment, even though it isn’t physically ruined?

No comments:

Post a Comment