Monday 23 July 2012

Daily Outfit: Obsession with Orange:

 
For a long time I resisted my love of the colour orange because I believed that the colour simply didn’t suit me. I tried desperately to redirect my sartorial urges for all things orange into stationary or home wares, even my tattoos. However, sating my lust for the colour this way didn’t really work, and like a true junkie I had a stash. A file on my computer called ‘Orange’, full of images of men and women wearing bright, burnt orange proudly and making it work.
 
As I’ve mentioned previously, I’m moving towards adopting a particular aesthetic of dress for myself, and a part of that has been deciding on a colour scheme for myself. I’m not dedicated-enough of a person to limit myself to one colour, but I don’t really like enough colours to allow myself access to all. As such, I’ve settled on the dominant colour of navy, with a closer runner up being burnt orange, and traces of light grey, black, and chocolate brown.
 
Today I am still easing myself into actually wearing orange as a colour, because I still have that moment where I think that it will make me look too washed out or dead-looking. It’s a slow recovery. Today, for example, I’m wearing one piece of orange:
grey cotton Hoodie – ASOS
orange and white check Shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren outlet, DFO
navy silk Necktie with white pindots – John  & Lois, Thrifted
navy and orange Ribbon Belt – Polo Ralph Lauren outlet, DFO
lightly distressed ARC Jeans – G-Star Raw
blue leather Boots with buckle detail – G-Star Raw outlet, DFO



Xx

1 comment:

  1. Well done - not many can pull off wearing orange : )

    I try and get my hub to do the shirt and knit look, but he hates it. I keep telling him there is nothing hotter than a guy rocking the shirt and knit with sleeves rolled up...

    ReplyDelete