Thursday 19 July 2012

Daily Outfit: Mr. Lobster


Today I had an appointment with my amazing Hairdresser Elise, so this meant that it was time for the boyfriend and I to have our monthly 'Date Night' afterwards. However, in light of our new attempt to eat healthier, we decided to forgo our usual Chinese haunt the Takee Roast Inn, and instead visited a Japanese place up the road for pickles, sushi, and a cheeky beer.
I had thought about ordering something with Lobster in it, given that today was the first outing of my recently purchased Brooks Brothers lobster-embroidered Slacks; however then I decided that it might all be a bit too Meta if I was sitting there in lobster threads with a lobster tattoo chowing down on lobster. Instead, the boyfriend and I shared a platter of Sushi, which took a little while to come out, but which was clearly made fresh, and was delicious.


I can't say that I loved this outfit over-all. To be honest I think there was probably too much blue. That said, I'm freaking IN LOVE with these Pants. The outfit consisted of:
navy wool/cashmere Blazer - Euromerica Tailors, Hong Kong
blue and white micro-stripe Business Shirt - T.M. Lewin, Ebay
navy silk/polyester Necktie with embroidered Lobsters - L.L. Bean, Etsy
black leather Belt - JAG
Hudson blue Slacks with embroidered Lobsters - Brooks Bros, eBay
black leather Chelsea Boots - Country Road



The Lobster Slacks were something of a 'hit' at work. Most people reacted with shocked laughter and exclamations of "Why?". It was sort of bizarre at first, and then I realised that for most of them anyone who dresses outside the corporate uniform is something of a bewildering novelty, and so I just decided to roll with it. Being know as "That guy with the Lobster Pants" sure as hell beats being "That guy who gratuitously checks out my rack!" or "That guy who steals everyone's lunches."


Xx 

2 comments:

  1. THE PANTS! And you have a tie to match, I shouldn't be surprised. I'd love to see them with a pop of red or orange up top to make the embroidery stand out! I actually can't wait to get a corporate job so I can scare the normals with my 'weird' clothes. I'm so glad you're making Canberra a bit brighter.

    Ps. Holy shit that sushi looks amazing.

    Pps. That last photo could be interpreted as slightly saucy from the wrong angle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red element is on the crads! I have a vest that I planned on wearing with the pants, I just need a white shirt I believe. Corportae jobs are great in that they pay amazingly well and offer you a lot of personal freedom.

    As long as you can stand the sould crushing boredom you'll be fine :P

    The sushi was amazing! I didn't even notice the rude element :P

    ReplyDelete