Tuesday 31 July 2012

Daily Outfit: Thumbs-Down


I'm easily amused, especially at other's expense. Never is this more the case than at work. I greatly enjoy presenting something of a hyperbole of myself in the workplace where we are thrown-together in the necessity of employment; just to see how others will react...



So when I chanced upon this 1950s/60s mysoginistic "Women's Lib Thumbs Down" Necktie on Etsy, I couldn't help myself and I snapped it up for the agreeable price of $5. It has sat in my wardrobe malignantly since I bought it. However, I was in something of a mood this morning and I thought to myself "Today is the day!". I had grand visions of insighting some sort of horrified indignation in my fellow drones. Maybe I'd even get slapped...

Alas, no such luck. No one payed any attention to my offensive Necktie, and no indignation was expressed at all. It was very dissapointing, and now I am stuck with a Necktie that doesn't reflect my beliefes or political leanings at all...



I’m wearing:

black cotton Henley – American Apparel
blue and white micro-stripe Business Shirt – T.M. Lewin, eBay
maroon ‘Anti-Women’s Lib’ Necktie – vintage, Etsy
floral black resin Cufflinks – gifted from Chloe
black leather Belt – JAG
black resin-coated straight-leg Jeans – G-Star Raw
black leather Chelsea Boots – Country Road




Xx

1 comment:

  1. Damn drones! You need an incognito office accomplice to be reactionary.

    ReplyDelete