Tuesday 17 July 2012

Daily Outfit: Gridiron and gold-tone

 
There's so much of my life that is in a state of flux right now. I'm feeling uncertain about my path in life, and so instead of focusing on the variables, I am retreating into routine. I am forcing myself through breakfast, going to the gym four out of seven days, and planning every ensemble I wear up to two weeks in advance. I am writing the things that concern me down in a little book and trying not to devote too much energy to them once I have. I am drinking less tea. I have started using a great new line of skincare which I am really excited about. I am investing in new TV series' like Mob Wives and Grimm.
All of these things I do, I do to stave off the uncertainty. 
Another area that I find is bringing me comfort is tried and true pieces from my wardrobe. The navy Versace Jeans/Slacks I'm wearing today, for example. I have had these for years, and they were old when I bought them second-hand. And yet, they've never lost their rich colour. The Shirt I'm sporting today? Thrifted T.M Lewin, and an item which sparked an obsession with a Brand I am now fairly faithful to. The quality is unparrallelled. And the Necktie, purchsed for a pittance off Etsy, frayed in places and so comfortingly worn-in! It never fails to raise interest around the office, nor to cheer my mood.


 
I decided to make a week of it and feature some navy Neck-wear every day this week here on the Blog. No reason, I just have a lot of Navy ties. Today I’m wearing:
navy felt puffer Jacket – Country Road outlet, DFO Homebush
white Business Shirt with pink check – T.M Lewin, Thrifted
navy silk Necktie with embroidered gridiron players – Lands End, Etsy
brown leather Belt – Country Road
navy Jeans/Slacks – Versace Jeans Couture, thrifted
brown laser-cut leather Shoes – Raphael Stephens
gold-tone Cufflinks and Tie-clip – gifted from Other Mother

How about you? What's bringing you comfort at the moment?

Xx

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have enough navy neckwear to constitute an entire category. (For the record, navy is the bomb. Best neutral ever.)

    I'm taking comfort in the fact that I'm functioning at the all-too-many family events I've had to attend recently, I'm still running every day even though the desperate reasoning that made me start has faded, and that a charismatic, cultured ironman is still thinking of me while on holiday in Spain. Can't complain, really.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yes! Navy is the bomb! Navy is my happening! It's the backbone of my wardrobe.

    Charismatic and cultured ironman you say??? I am thrilled and intrigued :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete