Monday 9 July 2012

Daily Outfit: The Neglected Wardrobe


Ladies and gentlemen, a confession. I, Grant Heino, am a recovering wardrobe neglector.



Now that I am getting back into the swing of Blogging, I'm finding that not only am I coming up with ideas for where I would like to take things, but I'm also thinking more and more about my daily outfits. But things haven't been Rosy for a while now.

I've been through a period of basically having given up on what wear to work, or anywhere really that wasn't super important. T-shirts and Jeans became my daily uniform, a sort of sartorial 'Fuck You' to a bunch of factors at play in my life that I wasn't overly fond of. I can't believe how easy it was for me to fore go everything I know and love about fashion in the name of having my own, sullen way. Though I have always been a prick like that.


So today, taking back the reigns and deciding no, I won't don that tired uniform any more, I’m wearing:

black wool/cashmere Blazer with windowpane check – Euromerican Tailors
blue and white micro-stripe Business Shirt – T. M. Lewin, Thrifted
green silk ‘RGCS’ crest Tie – Thrifted
Medusa head Cufflinks – Versace, eBay
brown leather Belt – Country Road
distressed Arc-3D Jeans – G-Star Raw
brown leather Shoes with buckle detail – Raphael Steffens



I'm happy to say that I am on the rode to Wardrobe recovery. I am planning my outfits a full week ahead again, and reviewing those that I've worn. I am starting to think of my wardrobe as a unified whole, rather than the place where I cram my clothes. And people are noticing too. Today I received no less than six comments on the fact that I was wearing a tie! I guess people are so used to seeing me stomp about in my neon SlickItUp T-shirts that today's rather conservative look was quite a shock.


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment