Wednesday 11 July 2012

Daily Outfits: A darker shade of Prep


I have been actively making an effort to dress more like how I wish I looked at all times, rather than just rolling out of bed and throwing on the first things I find. If I think about my perfect wardrobe, I think a darker shade of Prep:
a largely collegiate or Preppy look, lots of dress shirts and embroidered ties paired with well-tailored blazers, the stereotypical view of Preppy that most people outside the US only have on account of Hollywood. However, there is no divorcing the fact that I live in my jeans, and I am not giving them up any time soon. Navy is the dominant colour, with traces of burnt orange and crisp white.

I'm slowly starting to transform my wardrobe from an experiment in dressing in a different trend every day, towards a unified and cohesive style.

Today's outfit garnered a lot of "Oh, do you have a job interview today?" interest from my colleagues. I seem to have cast myself in the light of not caring about my looks unless I need something. This is something I am going to have to rectify, over time, by actually dressing well. The way that I am doing this is by dressing for me, and not for anyone else. I can't tell you what a change dressing for myself has made for my general outlook on life. And while some would describe that as sad, I don't see it that way.



Today's outfit consisted of:

navy wool/cashmere blend Blazer with orange lining - Euromerican Tailors
orange and white check Business Shirt - Polo Ralph Lauren
navy silk Tie with Pheasants - Paul Stuart, from etsy
black leather Belt - Jag
black resin-coated tapered Jeans - G-Star Raw
black leather Chelsea Boots - Country Road





Xx

1 comment:

  1. Dressing to simply feel good about how one looks is one of the greatest pleasures in life. You look super sharp, great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete