Thursday 30 August 2012

Daily Outfit: Julep

I have been craving a Mint Julep since I purchased this gingham blazer, which is actually a whole suit, in November of last year. There is something so Southern Gentleman feeling about the garment that I find myself worrying that the acquisition of this is just the latest step in my evolution into Colonel Sanders (The KFC guy – I feel old having to explain that). This is probably why the blazer has not got a lot of wear since I purchased it. I really wanted to pair the navy with a pop of bright orange today, to really play the colours off one another.

Today this Southern-influenced gentleman is wearing:

Navy and white gingham blazer – Larsen’s Store for Men, Etsy
Orange cotton polo-shirt - Trenery
Saltwater crocodile leather bracelets – R.M. Williams
Brown leather belt – Country Road
Riley 3D tapered jeans – G-Star
Brown leather shoes with buckle detail – Raphael Steffens


Of course, what I hadn’t anticipated was that being made in Florida, the jacket would be understandably constructed in favour of a warmer climate. So getting about Canberra in nothing but this light-weight blazer and a thin cotton polo-shirt was not exactly a fun activity. I am fairly certain that the blazer not only failed to provide any protection from the wind or trace of warmth, but actually succeeded in draining warmth FROM ME!


1 comment:

  1. Whole suit please. With cross-over tie and cane. Do it.

    ReplyDelete