Tuesday 21 August 2012

Proof is in the Plaid:


This morning I unintentionally broke my own rule about dressing up to face Monday looking your best. I had planned the ensemble two weeks prior, and forgotten about it until I opened my little book of ensembles and put it all together. It definitely isn’t one of my best. I’ve given it a 5/10.
It isn’t that there isn’t anything wrong with the ensemble per-se; it just isn’t a knock out. It’s completely functional – it kept me warm and decent for the entire day and I would have been fine to attend meetings or anything. I just didn’t feel special in it. And going by my own rules – this means I’m going to have a bland, uninspired, 5/10 of a week.

Today's ensemble was:
navy wool/cashmere Blazer – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
white Business Shirt with pink check – T.M. Lewin, thrifted
pink and green plaid Necktie – Polo Ralph Lauren, Etsy
goldtone Cufflinks and Tie Bar – gifted from my other mother
brown leather Belt – Country Road
lightly distressed bootcut Jeans - Armani Exchange A|X, thrifted
brown leather Shoes with laser-etched detailing - Raphael Steffens

This actually doesn’t bother me that much – I could do with a bit of bland in the working environment right now, even in my personal life. In fact, I’d say dressing with average quality on a Monday to buy myself a week of mediocrity is actually a very reasonable price to pay. I guess we’ll see how the rest of the week unfolds.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment