Monday 6 August 2012

Daily Outfit: Monday Morning Alchemy



Monday’s are hard. The alchemic laws of equivalent exchange are at play, and if you don’t get things right, the consequences will be dire. Monday sets up the way that the rest of the week is going to go down: A shitty Monday filled with niggling little chores and duties, strained interactions with colleagues, and braved in a crumpled and dirty shirt; will buy you a week of much the same. I know this through hard-won experience of the fact. What you put in on a Monday is what you get back for the rest of the week.



In recent times I was starting the working week in a T-shirt and a scowl. I arrived at work half-asleep and entirely resentful of everything and everyone around me. And, as such, I had a truly awful ensuing week. Now, however, I do my damndest to make a really concerted effort at dressing up on a Monday, to tip the scales in my favour for the rest of the week.


For today’s outfit of cosmic bribery ensemble I’m wearing:

navy wool/cashmere blend Blazer – Euromerican tailors, Hong Kong
orange and white check shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren outlet, DFO
navy silk Necktie with white pindots – John and Lois, thrifted
goldtone Tie-clip – gifted from my other-mother
navy and orange cotton and leather Belt - Trenery
navy Jean/Slacks – Versace, thrifted from Material Pleasures
black leather Chelsea Boots – Country Road



You can call me superstitious – but I swear, if I actually bother to ‘dress up’ on a Monday morning, the day itself is usually very palatable, and the rest of the week generally follows suit. It’s sort of like being your own lucky charm.

Do you have a lucky ensemble or dressing susperstitions?



Xx

3 comments:

  1. This is a completely lovely way of thinking, and of course entirely true. The world would be a better place if more people realised the impact their physical appearance has on the mood of themselves & others.

    Also, tie pin for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree. I probably think more about my Monday outfit than any other day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captain Muller - Thanks lovely, and I'm glad you agree. I try to dress well because it makes me happy, and if I'm happy, the people around me I love are generally happy. I'm also surprised by how few men wear Tie-Pins.

    Lucinda - Planning is essential, but Monday is by far the most important day.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete