Thursday 16 August 2012

Tangerine Dream:



These orange ‘Andrew Pant’ Chinos by Polo really seem to divide people. They either love the colour, or they hate it. No one gets around to discussing the shade of orange (dull tangerine to bright peach, they seem to change), or whether the pleating at the front works for or against my body shape (I’m thinking against); or even whether I should be shot for walking around with exposed hemmed cuffs! Everyone is stuck on loving or hating the colour.
Case in point: yesterday I had lunch with my friend Ben. Apparently when he saw me exit the building his immediate reaction was a voice screaming in his mind “OH NO HE DIDN’T!!!” However, apparently as I turned to face him and walk in his general direction, his opinion of my neon-bright Chinos changed, and he grudgingly admitted that the Pants were in fact, working.



Today I wore the following:
navy wide-pinstriped wool Blazer – Ermeneglido Zegna, thrifted
blue and white micro stripe Business Shirt – T.M. Lewin, eBay
orange and navy silk Necktie – Robert Talbott, Etsy
goldtone Cufflinks and Tie-Bar – gifted from my other mother
brown leather Belt – Country Road
light orange pleat-fronted Chinos – Polo Ralph Lauren, Etsy
brown leather Shoes with buckle detail – Raphael Steffens




At the end of the day, I do wish that the Pants were a little darker in colour, a little closer to the Hermes orange that so often (and tragically) haunts my dreams. I used to entertain a madman’s dream of becoming very rich and famous and commissioning a pair of Jeans made from Brikin Bags and lined in Silk Scarves from Hermes... I can only imagine the sort of reactions that would inspire!
For now I will have to content myself with these humble Chinos, purchased from Etsy, and the love/hate reactions they inspire in my friends and colleagues.



Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment