Wednesday 15 August 2012

Lobster Diaries:



The Lobster is sort of my spirit animal. I’ve come to realise this over time – mostly because of the ridiculously intense reaction I have to anything Lobster related. I mean, when I saw these Pants for example, I literally screamed “MINE!” and spent two days earning my boss’s ire by staring at the eBay window, making sure no-one outbid me. I did a much similar thing with the Necktie (of which I now own three...). I don’t really have a ‘reason’: I love eating Lobster and I love them as a creature as well. I just really like Lobsters.
When I first wore these pants the main thrust of people’s reactions was “Why?” It was frustrating because it implied, to me, that there needs to be a reason behind deviating from the standard office uniform of white Shirt, grey Slacks, black Belt and Shoes, pink and/or blue Necktie. I don’t need a reason to wear Lobster-embroidered Slacks – I AM MY OWN REASON! It’s funny to me that so many people are genuinely concerned by my motives for wearing these Pants.



I’m wearing:
orange wool Vest – thrifted, Etsy
blue and white check Business Shirt – T.M. Lewin, thrifted
navy silk/polyester Necktie with embroidered lobsters - eBay
silver and black resin Medusa Cufflinks - Versace
black leather belt - XXXX
Hudson blue lobster embroidered Slacks – Brooks Brothers, eBay
black leather Chelsea Boots – Country Road


When I last wore these the lovely Captain Muller from Harbourmaster suggested I next wear them with a pop of red/orange up the top to really set them off. I had, in point of fact, avoided this. I wanted to play the Slacks down in the office so people wouldn’t have seizures. I’ve clearly taken the lovely Captain’s advice, and thrown caution to the wind!

Drones be damned!



Xx 

2 comments:

  1. BUGGER YOU, DRONES, GRANT LOOKS AWESOME. Man, those pants are the best thing since martinis, the vest is absolutely the business. How good would that whole ensemble be with a dark peacoat in winter? Very, I believe is the answer.

    I think squids are my spirit animal, and I'm with you being ok eating my spirit animal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dark navy peacoat is on my list of things to acquire, actually! You've just confirmed that this needs to happen :P

    I've also found a similar pair of pants with embroidered Martinis on them, by the by.

    A squid is an awesome spirit animal to have :)

    ReplyDelete