Monday 27 August 2012

Daily Outfit: Rinse Cycle


I had a fairly hectic weekend, between working Friday and Saturday nights, making the Boyfriend’s prehistoric birthday cake, having his folks over and going out for Yum Cha– there was just never any time to get things like laundry done. As such, when I pulled out my outfit planner this morning I realised that 40% of what I had planned to wear was in the wash!

This actually worked out in my favour, however, as the outfit I had planned was not really one of my best, and while what I actually wore today isn’t going to knock any Sartorial socks off; it is comfortable and something that I feel that I look fairly good in. This made my transition from weekend to working-week that much more bearable. It’s also a little relaxed, which I could do with a dose of for this week.
For today’s sedate Monday outfit I’m wearing:


Black ‘University of Canberra’ jumper – UC Store
Blue and white micro-stripe shirt – T.M. Lewin, eBay
Navy silk necktie with pheasant motif – Paul Stuart, thrifted
Gold-tone cufflinks and tie bar – gift
Brown leather belt – Country Road
Straight-leg Moto jeans – G-Star
Brown leather shoes with buckle detail – Raphael Steffens

And, while I was sure to do the laundry when I got home, I've decided that I actually really like this outfit that I wore to work today. I was so comfortable all day, even if I was a little casual for a Monday morning. I'm loving the crap out of my daggy old UC jumper. I think I'll stop by one day and see what other jumpers the Uni store is selling these days...

1 comment:

  1. I love the way the tie is busting through the U of C lettering...it's like 'bugger studying, there's business happening!' haha. Also, your hair never ceases to amaze me. SO. SCULPTURAL. SO. COOL.

    ReplyDelete