Tuesday 15 July 2014

Daily Outfit: Fox Fur Collar

Another beautiful grey day here in Canberra, marking the perfect opportunity to bring my vintage fox fur collar out from hiding and lend some warmth to an otherwise cool daily outfit.

I decided to wear the collar to work today for something a little different, and if I am perfectly honest, to see what sort of reactions I could inspire in my colleagues. I wore:


Vintage fox fur collar – thrifted, pinned to blazer
Navy and white checked scarf – We The People
Navy wool tailored blazer with orange lining – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Blue and white striped shirt with French cuffs – T.M. Lewin
Silver and black resin Medusa cufflinks – Versace, ebay
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding outfit
Arc 3D loose tapered jeans – G-Star
Blue leather boots with buckle detail – G-Star

I picked the collar up at Belconnen Salvos for, would you believe it, $5. When my mother pointed it out I didn't believe that it was genuine fox fur; however on close inspection it was revealed to be a beautiful piece of genuine fox, most likely removed from a coat or jacket. It is exceptionally soft and warm, and I really need to bite the bullet and back it with some proper fabric, or permanently attach it to a jacket myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment