Thursday 31 July 2014

Daily Outfit: Workplace Blues

To be perfectly honest, I am having an awful week.

I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say that my current working environment has lead to my spending more than a little time this week seriously considering the logistics of a relocation to a small fishing village somewhere on the north-east coast of American where I could reinvent myself as a waiter at an Oyster Bar...


The problem for me is when I'm upset or feeling down, especially when it comes to work, I stop putting any effort into what I'm wearing or how I look. It usually winds up with me wearing a series of increasingly inappropriate t-shirts to work and generally looking like I'm trying to get fired.

So, for today's daily outfit I decided to really force myself to rise above my slovenly moping, and I’m wearing:

Gunmetal blue leather jacket - Zara
Orange and white checked button-down shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren
Navy silk necktie with coat-of-arms motif – Givenchy, thrifted
Gold-tone tie clip - Gift
Navy and white canvas belt with leather fastenings - Sportscraft
Motor 3D tapered embroidered jeans – G-Star
Brown suede loafers with ribbon detail – Raphael Steffens

Granted, this outfit is still fairly lacking in the corporate sense, but it beats the hell out of what I wanted to wear to work today, which is my track pants and a glower.


No comments:

Post a Comment