Tuesday 22 July 2014

Daily Outfit: Just Like Marc

I have had a fixation with Louis Vuitton since I started high school.

It started with ripping the incredible ads for the Vuitton luggage pieces out of Vogue magazines in my art classes, and grew from there to where I am today, the owner of several different pieces, collector of catalogs, and life-long devotee to the cult of the monogram canvas.

I've been waiting for a beautiful new piece to arrive from Sydney all weekend, and so I decided to sub-in my large six-ring agenda for today's photo shoot, knowing that the actual item would arrive after I took these photos.

For this daily outfit I’m channeling Marc Jacobs in early 1998, who symbolises my favourite period of Vuitton. I'm wearing:

Grey cotton hoodie with scoop neck – ASOS
Blue and white multi-check button-down shirt – Trenery
Navy polyester necktie with red lobster motif – labeless, ebay
Monogram canvas large six-ring agenda – Louis Vuitton, Castelreagh Street store
Blue and white canvas belt with brown leather fastening - Sportscraft
Riley tapered jeans – G-star
White perforated leather sneakers with suede detailing – Raphael Steffens

This agenda was actually my first in-store purchase from Louis Vuitton, which I bought from the Castlereagh Street store in late 2009 as a present to myself for completing my Graduate program. To think that it is coming up on five years old and only now showing the first signs of wear-and-tear from my daily use of it is quite remarkable, and another reason why I love it so much.


2 comments:

  1. Great post! Good blog, you're working well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylwia, thanks for checking out my blog and for your words of encouragement :)

      Delete