Wednesday 9 July 2014

Daily Outfit: Shades of Blue Goth

Despite the fact that I have been actively culling every colour from my wardrobe except for shades of blue for almost six months now; I still feel like I am a fair distance from achieving my Blue Goth look.

I’ve obviously got a few items of orange, and some of white or grey, but the majority of my wardrobe is now shades of blue. On a daily basis I am wearing more blue than any other colour, and yet I still feel like I'm never truly acchieving the monochromatic perfection of my aestheticist peers Naomi, Nadia and Lucinda.

Today’s daily outfit in shades of blue was an attempt to create Blue Goth outfit for myself. I'm wearing:

Navy  blazer with multi-coloured stripes – labeless, thrifted
Navy and white checked scarf – We The People
Gunmetal blue marle crew-neck t-shirt – ASOS
Black leather belt – Raphael Steffens
Navy whipcord chinos – Trenery
Neon blue leopard socks – Happy Socks
Black leather shoes with laser-cut detail – Raphael Steffens

I wasn’t sure about the t-shirt and chino/slacks combination at first, but I was actually quite a fan by the end of the day. It is actually a look that I’m interested to try with a full suit in the not too distant future. 

I'm still not sold on the way I wore the scarf though. I put it on first, with it draped over my head like a hood, and then put the blazer on over this, before folding the scarf back. I hoped that it would look draped and beautiful, but it just makes me look chunkier than usual :S


No comments:

Post a Comment