Tuesday 8 July 2014

Daily Outfit: Marimekko Shirt

The day before I left for Finland, I purchased this Marimekko shirt from ebay for the small sum of $18.25 including postage. 

Marimekko is possibly the most famous Finnish design house, who have made significant contributions to Scandinavian design and hold international influence, known for their bold yet simple prints. Predominately, Marimekko produce fabric which are used in womenswear or home-furnishings, however they have had menswear lines, which is where this shirt comes from.

I knew that I had to own it as soon as I saw it.

I was eager to show off my Marimekko purchase, despite the fact that it needs a little mending, and I decided to wear it for today's daily outfit:


Navy  wool puffer jacket – Country Road
Navy and white striped cotton shirt – Marimekko, ebay
Orange polyester knit necktie – Uniqlo, Tokyo
Black leather belt – re-purposed from wedding outfit
Lightly distressed Arc 3D tapered jeans – G-Star
Blue leather boots with buckle detail – G-Star

The Marimekko shirt was quite comfortable, and the hefty weight of the cotton make it a fantastic winter shirt. I really like the simplicity of this design, however I love some of the more bold prints that Marimekko do. I'm hoping to buy enough of the 'Unniko' print in navy and orange to have a pair of pants made.


No comments:

Post a Comment