Thursday 14 August 2014

Daily Outfit: Ink & Leathers and the temple of Sky Space

I didn't realise this, even after people had pointed it out to me, until I got home and looked at what I was wearing, and where I took my daily outfit shots.  But it seems that, completely unintentionally I can assure you, I have taken a few style cues from Indiana Jones and his ilk of silver-screen adventurers with today's daily outfit post.

Granted, the floral scarf and giant Prada sunglasses detract somewhat from the adventurer aesthetic, and I'm too Rubenesque to be taken seriously as someone who runs around tombs and snatching artifacts for a living; but the influence is undeniably there.

For this Indiana Jones adjacent daily outfit I’m wearing:

Gunmetal blue leather jacket - Zara
Navy cotton button-down shirt – Euromerican tailors, Hong Kong
Cream wool shawl with Russian floral motif - thrifted
Black leather belt – Raphael Steffens
Taupe whipcord chinos – Trenery
Navy cotton socks with white polka-dots – Happy Socks
Black leather shoes with lattice cut-outs – Raphael Steffens XXXX

Today's photos were taken inside the James Turrell sculpture (???) 'Within Without Sky Space' at the National Gallery of Australia. It's a really interesting pyramid-shaped space that you can walk around in, with a beautiful garden area surrounding it. And, even though I didn't think of it at the time, it really does feel like some sort of temple inside, and was thus perfect for today's daily outfit shots. I wish I was organised enough to have planned this, but alas, no.


No comments:

Post a Comment