Tuesday 12 August 2014

Daily Outfit: Simple, Stupid

There's something to be said for keeping it simple.

Today's outfit was an exercise in just that, and while it isn't overly exciting and I certainly won't be winning any awards for this one, it was exactly what I needed today. I like dressing up and I'm certainly a fan of peacocking and getting creative with my outfits; but sometimes I really just want to blend into the scenery of the work place. Today's outfit was perfect for that.


For this incredibly simple daily outfit I actually swapped out a blazer for the sweater, and I felt much better for it. I’m wearing:

Navy sweater with orange stripes and elbow patches - SoulCal
Blue button-down with white stripes – vintage Brooks Brothers, thrifted
Grey polyester scarf with navy and orange pattern – Stolen off my sister
Navy cotton webbing belt with brown leather fastenings - Sportscraft
Burnt orange chinos - FCUK
Mustard socks with lobster motif – Dangerfield from Myer
Brown suede loafers with ribbon detail – Raphael Steffens

Monogram coated canvas Delightful GM bag - Louis Vuitton


I had a parcel to collect from our local post office this afternoon, and so we wound up taking my daily outfit shots just out the back. Not exactly the most stunning location I've ever shot in, but practical none the less. I do like the look of this rockwork retaining wall, but it would look so much better in my photos it was just a littler taller (or I was slightly shorter...)



No comments:

Post a Comment