Sunday 17 August 2014

Daily Outfit: Travel Jacket Trial-run

This morning the boyfriend and I braved the dreary wet conditions Canberra was experiencing, and headed to Chatterbox in Belconnen for breakfast.

I was excited because not only did I get to eat a delicious breakfast, but I also got to give this blazer that I picked up at a church fete yesterday, its first trail run. I was really skeptical about the blazer at first, and in fact I picked it up to laugh at it. However, Jiawa from Cloaset Voyage and Albert both saw something in it, and suggested that I give it a go.

I'm really glad that I listened to them now.

I changed about eight times before we left for breakfast, which the boyfriend very patiently put up with, and in the end I settled on this very simple and comfortable outfit. I'm wearing:

Navy cotton beanie - ASOS
Navy 'stretch wool' 100% wool blazer - Travel Jacket, thrifted
White cotton crew neck t-shirt - ESPRIT, ASOS
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Arc 3D loose tapered jeans - G-Star
Brown suede loafers with canvas ribbon detail - Raphael Steffens


Delightful GM bag in monogram coated canvas - Louis Vuitton, via Jerusha

I'll be doing a full Wardrobe Stories piece on this blazer later in the week, but I feel like I can safely say that this is one of the best purchases that I have made in a op shop in recent history. I'm already thinking about when and where I will be able to wear the blazer next, which is always a great sign when you've made a purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment