Tuesday 26 August 2014

Daily Outfit: Blue Jeans, White Shirt

This is my first real experiment with wearing coloured denim, and also my a very rare occasion, as they're skinny coloured jeans at that!

I bought these jeans recently from ASOS, when I was buying the boyfriend his requested birthday chinos. I was actually looking for some more chinos for myself too, but I chanced upon these guys and decided to give them a go, given that they're a really nice blue, and they were insanely cheap.

I've unintentionally styled today's daily outfit to the lyrics of a Lana Del Rey song it seems. I’m wearing:

Navy tailored pinstriped wool blazer – Rembrandt Sartorial, Thrifted
White tailored shirt with navy checks – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Navy, orange and white diagonal striped silk necktie – Brooks Brothers, ebay
Gold-tone tie clip - gift
Navy and white striped cotton webbing belt with leather fastenings - Sportscraft
Midnight blue cotton skinny jeans - ASOS
White perforated leather sneakers with suede details – Raphael Steffens

I'm not 100% certain of how I'm feeling about the jeans so far. They're made of incredibly thin and stretchy cotton, and while they are really comfortable, I notice that they are riding up at the ankles quite significantly. The colour is really lovely, but I haven't washed them yet so we'll see how long that lasts. I'm also not really convinced by the the fit, and I'm worried I look a bit like an over-stuffed sausage in them.

Still, I really like the colour and as I said, they're remarkably comfortable to wear. They also do not look like jeans, in my opinion, and they look work-suitable.


No comments:

Post a Comment