Friday 7 February 2014

Daily Outfit: Casual Friday means shorts and tie

Shorts for Casual Friday continues while the weather is still warm enough to do so, and no one has told me I’m offending them with my blindingly white legs!
Casual Friday is sort of a weird concept, especially for someone like me who wears jeans to the office almost every day. My employer has a very loose ‘dress code’, which isn’t really enforceable. It has a bunch of commonsense things like ‘Nothing overly revealing’ and ‘No offensive slogans’; but it never actually stipulates what you should or should not wear. As such, and especially given the culture of our workplace, every ‘corporate’ wardrobe exists in shades of grey. Most men do not wear ties or jackets to work, and the instances of men and women appearing in matching Oxford/Tarocash/Cue/Portmans ensembles are alarmingly common.

I think I’m pretty safe from having the Doppelganger dread occur while wearing today’s Casual Friday outfit:

Navy necktie with palm trees – thrifted
Blue Oxford Shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren
Gold-tone tie bar – gift
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding ensemble
Orange stadium pants shorts with embroidered Alligators – Pennington and Bailes
Black espadrilles – ASOS


The cut of these shorts is a little dadsy, but I suppose they’re more than likely designed for a man in his mid-to-late thirties. I’m nowhere near proficient enough at alterations to consider taking them in either. I don’t think that they look too bad over-all; but I would prefer them a little trimmer.

How about you? Does your workplace have a Casual Friday? Have you or would your wear shorts to work? Let me know in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment