Tuesday 11 February 2014

Daily Outfit: Navy and orange feature


I'm featuring this navy and orange necktie that I bought vintage from Etsy, as I literally built today's ensemble around the desire to wear the tie. I love the colours orange and navy together, and with white, they comprise the trio of colours I am limiting my wardrobe to. My holy trinity, if you will.
There's something very decadent and luxurious about the combination of navy and orange together, and something a little scholastic. They're actually the colour of a couple of different universities across Northern America, which is probably the origin of this particular necktie. My own Alma Mater didn't really have colours, except for the houses of residence. Mine was red and white - not a winning combination in my books.


The outfit I built today to feature the necktie included:

Navy and orange diagonal stripe silk – Robert Talbot, thrifted
White cotton tailored dress shirt with navy check – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Gold-tone tie-bar – gift
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding ensemble
Shredded bootcut jeans – Industry, birthday gift from Mags
Black distressed leather shoes – Raphael Steffens




These Industrie jeans were very likely not appropriate for work, as I am fairly certain that our 'dress code' mentions that it is not OK to wear ripped, torn or dirty looking clothes. They're not even particularly comfortable, and I inadvertently rip them further whenever I put them on too quickly. They are, however, the only really ripped-up jeans that I own at the moment, and until I get my self prepared and do some of the DIY jean tutorials I am planning for the Blog, they will have to remain my go-to shredded denim. They do make an excellent foil to the clean-cut combination of the tailored shirt and tie, don't you think?



Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment