Monday 3 February 2014

Daily Outfit: Versace for a Monday

As I’ve mentioned here before, I feel like the way that I dress on a Monday will directly influence the way the rest of that week plays out. It’s a little superstitious and silly, but at the same time I’m both superstitious and silly, so it makes sense to me.

I’ve started in a new job today, still within the same Department and with the same Supervisor, but in a new team and on new work. As such, I’m feeling a little vulnerable, as I always do in these situations. As such, it was time to bring out the Big Guns. And by Big Guns, I of course mean this completely over the top vintage Versace necktie. I loved everything about this tie when I saw it on Etsy, the colours especially, and the Rococo floral flourishes are really nice too. The fact that it is Gianni-era Versace doesn’t hurt at all, either.

I built today’s outfit around the necktie, going with a shirt that contrasts against and builds upon the floral elements, but with the jeans to tone the overall look down:

Navy silk necktie with gold flourishes – vintage Gianni Versace
Light blue and white floral patterned shirt – Euromerican tailors
Goldtone tie bar - gift
Black studded leather belt – purchased from Lee sale
Blades tapered jeans – G-Star
Black canvas espadrilles – ASOS (Not shown, 


I have to say I think that this neck tie is one of the smarter wardrobe investments that I have made in my life. I think I paid about $40 for it about four years ago now, a little before Versace received a revival in popularity as a fashion house. I've seen ties with similar designs that are not silk and that are not Versace, on etsy for anywhere up to $150 these days! Madness!


No comments:

Post a Comment