Sunday 23 February 2014

Daily Outfit: FashFest 2014 Model Casting at East Hotel, Kingston


Today I headed to East Hotel in Kingston for the Model Casting for FashFest 2014, Canberra's key fashion event. I mentioned on Twitter yesterday that I had no idea what to wear, and that I really didn't want to wind up looking like some creepy hanger-on or worse, some lech who'd just wandered in off the street.



The outfit that I decided to go with, for better or for worse, was:

Black silk clip-on bow tie - Tie Rack
Navy and white micro gingham shirt - Trenery
Black leather belt - repurposed from wedding ensemble
Riley 3D loose tapered jeans - G-Star
Black leather military boots - Zu



I think that I managed to avoid looking like a sleeze, which was nice, and I had a really awesome afternoon getting a feel for the FashFest team and the local talent on-hand in the form of the models and some of the Designers who will be showing at the event. It was an absolute pleasure to me fellow Canberra Fashion Bloggers H2T Fashion, Closet Voyage and Heat Storm, who were all there covering the even too.

I was a little taken aback when Susan Douhly of SZN asked me if I was there to try out as a model, and then even more so when she seemed disappointed that I was not! That will keep my ego ticking over for a while :P



Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment