Tuesday 4 February 2014

Daily Outfit: Orange is my new Black!

I've never worn as much orange as I have in the past 18 months! I used to be convinced that as a colour it made me look washed out and drawn, and that it was to be avoided at all costs. Then one day I just said "To hell with it! I love the colour orange!" and in all honesty I haven't looked back.

I had been lusting after a pair of burnt orange chinos for months when I found these, quite by chance, at the FCUK store in Sydney's International Departures area. It was my first time ever heading off overseas, and I was so excited to be heading to Japan I spilled soy sauce all over myself like a colossal dweeb. I rushed into FCUK to buy a plain T-shirt to change into, and I saw these babies on their sale rack.

Ordinarily I'm not a fan of FCUK and their logo t-shirts, but I think that these chinos are pretty great, and regardless of the fact that I was heading to Japan, I decided to splurge and snap them up. And I am so glad that I did.

I'm not sure how I rate today’s outfit over-all, but I still love the chinos:

Navy silk necktie with helicopters – vintage 'Golden Clasp' for Sikorsky Aircraft
Navy tailored shirt with button down collar – Euromerican tailors
Goldtone tie bar - gift
Brown leather belt – Sportscraft
Burnt orange chinos – FCUK
Grey and orange striped socks - Trenery
Brown leather shoes with buckle detail – Raphael Steffens


How about you? Is there a colour or colours that you avoid like the plague? Do you think I should still be avoiding orange with my colouring? Let me know in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment