Monday 24 February 2014

Daily Outfit: Monday morning Zegna


Ermenglido Zegna's clothes are beautifully tailored and cut from the finest cloth, literally; so it's not exactly a label I ever saw myself pairing with ratty looking jeans for a busy Monday morning. Zegna's is one of those labels that I always assumed that I would never actually own or wear. Not because I didn't want to, but because the clothes the label produces are so luxe and so incredibly out of my price range. 

So you can imagine my shock, and my skepticism, at finding this 'Zegna' blazer in a local Op Shop a little while ago. Surely no one in Canberra is passing a pure wool Zegna blazer over to the Salvos?


Today’s Monday morning outfit was:

Navy pinstriped Blazer – Ermeneglido Zegna, thrifted
White shirt with large blue check – Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Navy silk necktie with gridiron player motif – vintage Land’s End
Gold-tone tie-bar – gift
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding ensemble
ARC 3D loose tapered jeans – G-Star
Blue leather boots – G-Star



I've looked into it as much as I can, and from what I can tell the Blazer 'checks out' as authentic. I still have pretty strong reservations, but it is absolutely pure wool, and if it is a fake it is of exceptional craftmanship. It is now missing a button, which I need to replace, and it has always had  a little abrasion damage to the left front since I've owned it; but I just can't bring myself to make a solid decision one way or another on the provenance of this piece.

I can, however, wear it proudly knowing that real or fake, it was a steal for $15 Aud! 


Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment