Wednesday 9 April 2014

Daily Outfit: Checkmate

I love checks. I’m a little bit obsessive about it. I have an alarming amount of checked clothing in its various forms, and whenever I shop for clothes I find myself drawn towards checked fabrics. That said, I have been hesitant to wear this gingham suit to work, on account of the pants not fitting particularly well. I was concerned that moving too quickly, or at all, in the pants might cause them to explode apart at the seams, which would not be a fantastic look. Frankly, the suit was clearly made with some old southern man in mind, some bony old guy with no hips or arse!

I decided to tempt fate, and wore the suit for today’s outfit:

Navy and white gingham suit – vintage, Larson’s Store for Men, Etsy
Navy cotton button-down shirt – Euromerican Tailors
Midnight blue silk necktie with skull and crossbones motif – Express Design Studio, eBay
Gold-tone tie clip – gift
Brown leather shoes with laser-cut pattern – Raphael Steffens

It was really weird for me not to wear a belt today, and the weird clasps that adjust the size of the waist, while interesting, didn't really make me feel like I wasn't moments away from exposing myself to my colleagues. I really like the look of the full suit, especially with the navy shirt; but I was thrilled to get out of it. I left work early yesterday on account of being ill, and I hopped straight into my trackies when I got home. I can't see myself wearing the full suit again for a while, mostly because the fabric is so thin, but I guess we'll see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment