Thursday 24 April 2014

Daily Outfit: Two Tie-ms Two

Today I decided to do something a little different with my necktie, and wear two almost identical neckties at once, side by side. I have actually done this before, with two maroon silk neckties from Pierre Cardin that I thrifted years ago. I decided to try it again today with these two almost identical navy ties with crest motifs. I like this because it makes people do a double-take. I like provoking people to look again, and I'll happily admit that that stems from some inherent narcissism. It's the office environment equivalent of being able to thumb your nose and sing-song "Ha Ha, made you look!".

To showcase the double-necktie 'look' I wore the following outfit:

Tailored navy wool blazer - Euromerican Tailors, Hong Kong
Orange and white gingham button-down shirt - Polo Ralph Lauren
Wide navy silk necktie with crest motif - Polo Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Slim navy polyester necktie with Crest of London motif - thrifted
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Riley 3D tapered jeans - G-Star
Brown leather shoes with laser-etched pattern - Raphael Steffens


For today's outfit I did wind up wearing the ties in a different way to what I had intended, which was slightly more subtle. It also looked less ridiculous if I am perfectly honest. I think that these two were just too stiff to wear side-by-side; as they worked perfectly when I overlapped them. Next time I want to try tying two ties into a huge bow. Maybe I'll use my almost identical lobster ties...


No comments:

Post a Comment