Saturday 5 April 2014

Daily Outfit: Navy wool

I realised that I have had this navy shawl-neck sweater sitting in my wardrobe, unworn, for a while now; and so I decided that today was the perfect time to drag it out and into circulation. It was overcast all day here in Canberra and I had to head into the city to meet with the guys from Braddon Tailors for a Designer Profile for Fashfest. I'm still a little under the weather, so keeping warm was absolutely essential.

I had originally planned on wearing some, you know, actually tailored clothing to the meeting. I figured it would be fitting. However, clearly comfort won out in the end. The outfit that I wore today was:

Navy wool shawl-necked sweater - Polo Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Romanesque coins brooch - thrifted
Black cotton undershirt - Puma
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Light wash Elwood jeans - G-Star, ebay
Brown leather shoes with lasercut detail - Raphael Steffens 


I was worried that the entire outfit was a little dull, which is why I added my ridiculous Roman coin brooch. I think that it gave the outfit a little lift, and so at the end of the day I was very happy with what I wore. Granted, the sweater will be a better look for me if I drop a few kilos, but I was supremely warm all day and that is what mattered today!


No comments:

Post a Comment