Friday 11 April 2014

Daily Outfit: Shades of Blue

I'm starting to live my life in shades of blue, and I love it.

My outfit today is probably the first all-blue outfit that I have worn in a while that I have felt really pleased with, and not at all like I have forced the monochromatic upon myself. I wanted to play with the different shades of blue that I have access to and with the different proportions of the pieces of clothing, and I think that it worked out pretty well. What do you think?
 
The individual pieces that made up my shades of blue Friday outfit were:

Dark navy double-breasted blazer with multi-coloured stripes - no label, thrifted at Vinnies Warehouse Sale
4XL chambray work shirt - Bisley, thrifted
Carved ox-bone skull necklace - Tibet
Black leather belt - Raphael Steffens
Indigo wash Riley loose tapered jeans - G-Star via ebay
Blue leather boots with buckle detail - G-Star


When I saw the photos of today's outfit, it was the first time that I wasn't a little bit embarrassed to say that I'm adopting a Blue Goth wardrobe, because it actually look feasible today. It looks like I will get to a point where 90% of my wardrobe is dark blue. It looks like I am capable of layering and playing with proportion to keep the looks interesting. It look right.


No comments:

Post a Comment