Tuesday 8 April 2014

Daily Outfit: Playing with proportions

Sometimes I feel like I am just playing dress ups every day. I've been really interested in playing around with the proportions of my clothes lately, and so today I decided to try something a little ridiculous and to see how it went. I grabbed one of my Boyfriend's shirts, which has really long sleeves with French cuffs, and wore that with the sleeves rolled back over the cuffs of an over-sized blazer. I also made a point of tying my necktie considerably shorter than is the fashion for most men.

In the end, today’s outfit was looking very late 80s-early 90s:

Navy wool double-breasted blazer – Oxford, thrifted
Blue and white striped business shirt with French cuffs – T. M. Lewin
Navy silk necktie with crest motif – Polo Ralph Lauren, vintage off Etsy
Gold-tone tie clip – gift
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding outfit
Motor 3D tapered embroidered jeans – G-Star
Distressed black leather shoes – Raphael Steffens


I didn't mind the outfit over-all, though I did wind up taking the blazer off and rolling up the sleeves when I got a bit hot in the middle of the day. I have another potentially ridiculous outfit planned for Friday which will utilize a 4XL shirt I purchased recently and an undersized blazer... we'll see how that turns out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment