Monday 14 April 2014

Daily Outfit: Dictators in scarves

I'm not sure what possessed me to try wearing a scarf in this fashion to work, given how Dictatorial it makes me look. I'm thinking that somewhere between my morbid curiosity with Robert Mugabe and the Game of Thrones episode that I watched Saturday night, some synapses got crossed and this is the sartorial result. It certainly made for some next-level Monday Morning dressing, and it is sure to set the tone for the rest of the week. Whether that is for better or for worse remains to be seen though.
 

The bits and pieces of this Dictatorial outfit were:

Navy pinstriped wool blazer - Rembrant Sartorial, thrifted
Pale blue Oxford-cloth button-down shirt - Polo Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Rococo motif polyester scarf - labeless, thrifted
Brown leather belt - Sportscraft
Indigo wash Riley loose tapered Jeans - G-Star, ebay
Brown leather shoes with buckle detail - Raphael Steffens


I really enjoyed the over-all look and feel of this outfit, and I won't deny that it is fun playing dress up as a Dictator for a Monday morning outfit. It makes me feel like I should be looking to pick up another scarf or two in shades of navy and orange to round-out my collection. They're a lot more useful in a man's wardrobe than I'd previously imagined, and I like the element of Peacock-iness that the grant me.

What do you think? Was this a good look? Or was I putting the dick back into Dictator?


No comments:

Post a Comment