Thursday 3 April 2014

Daily Outfit: Orange Alert

There was something of an Orange Alert in my building today, and no, I don't mean any sort of terrorist activity. It seems that my sartorial choice for the day of almost head-to-toe orange struck something of a chord with my colleagues. I have never received so much attention for an outfit that I have worn to work than for what I wore today, even my pants that are embroidered all over with lobsters garnered less interest. I very nearly decided not to wear this today as well! I'm so glad that I didn't listen to my inner critic on this one.

Today’s Orange Alert inspiring outfit consisted of:

Navy wool blazer with pinstripe – Rembrant Sartorial, thrifted
Orange and white checked button-down shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren
Orange polyester knitted necktie – Uniqlo, Tokyo
Gold-tone tie clip – gift
Black leather belt – Raphael Steffens
Orange chinos – FCUK
Orange and white striped cotton socks - Uniqlo, Tokyo
Black leather shoes with cut-out detail – Raphael Steffens


All day I had really lovely comments from the people that I work with, praising my choice of colour and the overall outfit. It's probably a little tacky to boast about such a thing, but it just made me feel really great. I was especially chuffed when the head of our Division mentioned in passing that he loved the orange. Tacky or not, that really made my afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment