Monday 26 May 2014

Daily Outfit: Collegiate

I’m looking very collegiate in today’s daily outfit, if I do say so myself.

One of the first things that I noticed when I got to University was that there isn’t really the same University culture here in Australia, as the one that I grew-up lusting after on American TV shows and movies. As such, I’ve found that I will jump at any opportunity to buy-in to that idyllic ‘college life’ and collegiate style ethos that I wanted to be a part of.

This University of Canberra jacket is one such example.

While I love the collegiate style of this jacket, I would much prefer it in navy. I decided to wear it for today’s daily outfit anyway:


Black zip-front University of Canberra jacket – UC Store
Blue button-down shirt with white stripes – vintage Brooks Brothers, ebay
Navy, green and maroon striped necktie – vintage Tommy Hilfiger
Black leather belt – repurposed from wedding outfit
Motor 3D tapered embroidered jeans – G-Star
Brown leather shoes with laser-etched detail – Raphael Steffens

I think that the tie goes rather perfectly with the overall look. Tommy Hilfiger is one of those famous collegiate brands, and the colours of this tie are very representative with the sort of college look that I grew up seeing. I received the tie as a gift from a colleague who left our team on Friday last week. Meg, I love it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment